How can I wash the wash+dry mats?
To wash your wash+dry floor mats, please follow these simple steps:
This is how you wash your wash+dry floor mats:
- Before first use, we recommend washing the doormat separately. This straightens the fibers, activates the pile and smoothes out any wrinkles.
- In normal use, you remove coarse dirt by shaking it out before washing. Make sure that there are no loose parts or stones stuck in the pile.
- Place the doormat individually in the washing machine with the pile side facing out. It is better to crumple them loosely rather than fold them.
- The wash+dry floor mats can be washed in the washing machine at up to 60 °C. For normal soiling, a washing temperature of 40 °C is usually sufficient. Use a mild detergent. Choose a gentle wash cycle at a low temperature and a maximum of 800 rotations when spinning. Avoid using bleach or fabric softener.
- After washing, lay the doormat flat on a drying rack to dry or tumble dry on low heat. Avoid direct sunlight or heat sources such as radiators as this can damage the material.
Please do not leave the wash+dry products in the electrical appliances for a long time, as the rubber can easily deform when warm. Any wrinkles can be removed by reheating the mat and laying it flat.
- After drying, place the mat on a dry and clean surface. Avoid moisture between the mat and the floor as this can cause damage to the floor and reduced adhesion of the mat.
Doormats up to a size of 115x175 cm can be washed in a standard household washing machine. Before washing, check the capacity of your machine. If the mat is too heavy or does not have enough space in the drum to achieve a good washing result, you can either take it to a laundry or wash it by hand in the bathtub.
Most wash+dry floor mats can also be tumble dried. Use a low heat or gentle program setting and pay attention to the maximum load on your dryer.
How often should I wash my wash+dry mat?
We recommend washing your wash+dry doormat about 3 to 4 times a year. More frequent washing may be required if there are pets or heavy use.
You will be surprised at how long the quality and colour last. Washing improves the functionality of the doormat and increases its dirt absorption.
Can I use the wash+dry mats on any floor type?
With PVC floors, linoleum, laminate and wooden floors, interaction with rubber-coated mats can cause the surface to change color. wash+dry mats are not ideal for laying on carpet as they “migrate” and cannot absorb dirt optimally.
Are the wash+dry products suitable for underfloor heating?
wash+dry mats are suitable for underfloor heating. They are made of high-quality materials that allow good heat transfer, so that the heat from the underfloor heating can easily pass through the mat.
Can I also use the mats outdoors?
wash+dry mats are best used in covered outdoor areas.
They have a high degree of light fastness, but we advise against long-term direct sunlight as this will cause the colors to fade in the long term. They are frost-resistant and can also be used at low temperatures. However, it is recommended that you clean the mat regularly to remove dirt and moisture that may accumulate during winter weather conditions.
What height are wash+dry mats?
Depending on the type of mat, the mats are between 7 and 9mm flat, please note the respective product description.
You will hardly find a flatter mat that also holds dirt so effectively.
Are the wash+dry mats cut-resistant?
In general, the mats can be cut without losing more than the cut fibers. The best way to do this is to use a sharp carpet knife from the back.
However, such treatment voids the manufacturer's warranty as the lying, washing and longevity characteristics are impaired.
Are there wash+dry mats in different sizes?
Most wash+dry mats are available in different sizes and designs. You can choose the right size depending on your needs, be it for the entrance area, the bathroom or other rooms. wash+dry also offers a wide range of attractive designs, so you can find a mat that suits your interior. For production reasons, the wash+dry mats are not accurate to the centimeter. Please note a tolerance of +/- 3%.
Please note that the exact properties and recommendations for wash+dry mats may vary depending on the type of mat.
What does the Ökotex-100 certificate mean?
The Oeko-Tex certificate means that the doormat has been tested for harmful substances and is below the specified limit values. The certificate ensures that the doormat is free of substances harmful to health and therefore poses no risks to the user. When you buy a doormat with an Oeko-Tex certificate, you can be sure that the product has been manufactured to strict standards and is of good quality.